Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Sneakster

So it's moving time. Moving time and my mother in law is here. Its been fantastic! Yeah right, its been awful.

I didn't want her to have to pack anything (mostly because I knew she would just throw stuff wherever and ruin crap), so I had everything pretty much done. Just some cleaning to do, that couldn't really be done until the boxes were out of the house. So instead of waiting for help to get there that night, she decided she and my husband would load up the truck together. For hours that day. What could've been done so quickly with a few of our friends, took all day. But its her way or no way, so we did what she wanted. I tried to get whatever I could done, but mostly I just had to take the kids to get them out of the way, I felt like such a jerk. At certain points in the day, she says in a joking way "yeah, next time you guys should hire this to be done...heh, heh." I'm a little annoyed by this, because really we didn't ask her to come, she told us she was and that was the end of it. So then a little later when our friend comes over to help, she says nice and loud "You guys owe me so big!" And I'm just in shock because I can't believe she's making this about her. Yes, its inconvenient for her to come and have to move boxes and clean up and I understand its hard work and not fun. But is she packing up her entire house? Is she moving her young family over a thousand miles away? Is she pulling kids out of school and worrying about how they'll adjust? Leaving her friends and community of six years behind? Inconvenient for her, a living hell for me. But don't say that to her, just deal with it Addison and take it up the wazoo. What really sucks is she mostly says that garbage when other people are around so there's not even a chance to make a stink. Not that I would anyway, but maybe I would be more inclined to if she wasn't so sneaky...maybe. Stupid sneaky sneaky crap...

No comments: