Friday, October 2, 2009

I Give You Example #1

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:


Last Thanksgiving we went to my husband's aunt's for dinner. The aunt's son and daughter-in-law came too, which was great except this DIL is a total jerk. I just thought, "oh I'll stay away from her and the day will be juuuust fine!" Oh no, the day was not fine. This is how it went down: there's this pillow the Aunt has that one of my daughter's was pretty into. She had been playing with it (its furry so that makes it exciting) and the DIL had sat on it. My daughter was only about three at the time and tried to get the pillow out from under her. She turned to my three year old and said "You better not do that little girl, I'll smack you!"

Ooooh, it makes me boil just thinking about it.

My reaction: I turned to my husband and said, its time to go dear. And we left. Thats it.

What I wish I'd done: "Did you just say you would smack her?! You don't talk to MY child like that! She's just a little kid, I would expect a grown women to be a little bit more mature than a three year old. And if you ever did smack another person's kid, you would go to jail so I would suggest you don't say stupid garbage like that. Goodbye!"

Stunned silence and stupidity coming from idiot DIL.


It's days like those, where I feel especially terrible about my passiveness. Its not AS bad when it just affects me, but when I don't stand up for my children I just about can't stand the sight of myself anymore.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Don't you wish sometimes you could lead two lives? One where you say and do what you want to, and the other where you say/do what you ought to... That would be great.