Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mary Kay or Bust

So like I said last post, we're in the process of moving and its very hectic--VERY. I'm stressed out like you wouldn't believe and I'm just not handling it like a sane person. I have a friend who thinks she can solve all my problems. And the answer to all my problems: MARY KAY.

So she keeps asking me about joining, constantly. Because it would give us extra money, because she thinks I would be good at it (I would not), because it would give me an excuse to get out of the house, etc. etc. etc. I really don't want to do this, and honestly I don't have the time to think about it right now. I try to just be tactful and tell her I'll think about it and get back to her. But she keeps asking. Finally she says, hey let's get together for lunch before you go. I'm thinking okay, I'd like that. Except its not lunch with me and her, its lunch at her advisor's house to talk me into joining. The lunch was so incredibly awkward for me, and I gave the lady awesome reasons for why I didn't want to join and I was really nice. It got to the point where this lady was pulling out all her tricks, she had the nerve to tell me "Don't you want to support your friend in her dreams? Did you know that Mary Kay is putting an end to breast cancer? And they donate millions to battered women shelters! I don't know how anyone wouldn't want to support that!" I'm thinking WOAH lady, thats about enough! But instead of saying anything, I just tell her I'll have to talk to my husband. I really wish I would've said something like this:

"So what you're telling me is if I don't join then I'm causing cancer, or I'm helping to batter women? You're basically bullying my conscience into doing what you want me to do, or else I have to answer to all that?! I can't believe you would sink so low trying to get me to join this when I don't want to. Period. Stop hassling me! And honestly, I wouldn't pull out that puppy again because its a major turn-off. If I had been considering joining, I would definitely not now just because you guys were so pushy and rude!"

Head sulking and pitiful apology from Mary Kay advisor.

No comments: