Friday, October 16, 2009

Who's the MOM?


Oh for goodness sakes. You're going to hear about the mother in law for awhile I think because thats right there in my face at the moment. Gotta tell you about the drive here. It was ridiculous. Not only did the mother in law whine and complain and ignore me the entire way, she acted like she was pissed at everyone, and refused to eat.

But the best part? When my daughter got sick and threw up. She decided that now she was her mother. I couldn't take care of her, I couldn't help her, I couldn't decide what she would eat. In fact she wouldn't let her eat anything at all. At one point we stopped to get gas and she picked up some wheat thins for her. My daughter hadn't eaten all day and it was about noon, and I knew she wasn't going to eat wheat thins. So I grabbed some lorna doones. They're just a shortbread cracker and I thought she could handle those and would actually eat them. I bought them and handed them to my daughter, who handed them to grandma because she had to go to the bathroom. Mother in law turns to me and gives me them back and I say, no those are for her. She gets annoyed and says they got her the wheat thins, and I tell her I'm sorry but she's not going to eat wheat thins. And then she has the nerve to tell me "Well, we (meaning her and my father in law) didn't want her to have any sugar since she's been sick..." and turns away from me. My husband says, that they aren't really sugar-y and that its okay and gives me a look. I walk away. What I wish I'd said:

"Well, WE are her parents and I think we know her and her stomach a little better than you do! Know your place woman!" (haha I just think that last part is funny, don't really care if I would say that or not, but why not?)

Stuttered silence and shocked awe emanating from mother in law.

(Too bad it would be a ginormous fight instead. Shucks.)

No comments: