Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tra La La

So last Sunday was a fantastic day for me. FAN-TASTIC. I got a new calling at church, not to sound horrible but its a dumb calling. I'm the "assistant" ward music person, whatever that means. So the real ward music person sits down with me Sunday and asks me what my musical expertise is...ummmm, my expertise?! I don't really have any thankyouverymuch. I can read music, I've sang in choirs, how about that? So she says to me, "Well, the only thing I can really hope or expect from you is to put the music into the folders." And I just sit there with my mouth hanging open, dumbfounded.

What I should've done was gone straight to the bishop and said, "Look, this isn't going to work. She doesn't want to let me do anything and she can put the music in the flippin' folders herself."

Yes? No? What do you think?

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, sounds made up.

I have a meeting with the Branch President on Sunday. They want my husband there, but it sounds like it's mostly for me. That can't be good.

Wonder Woman said...

As someone with three callings........this is ridiculous.